Why do we need to be saved?
In the beginning, God created us, and we were made in His own image. We were created in perfect fellowship with God and given
dominion over all things. (See Genesis 1:26-28) However, man decided when he was tempted, that he wanted to be as God, knowing
good and evil. Man then lost fellowship with God because of disobedience to God's command. Man's fall into sin separated him
from God and resulted in the awakening of sin, sickness, sorrow, grief, fear, frustration, confusion, despair, labor, pain,
and death. The worst thing of all was that man had separated himself from God and there existed no way for him to return to fellowship with Him.
Before, we had no choice but to serve Satan. But God has provided us a choice: to believe on Jesus and be saved (to have the life of God),
or to refuse Him and to be condemned to die eternally with Satan. "Today I have set before you blessing and cursing, life and death; choose life."
God's desire is that we choose life in His son, but He will never violate our will. He desires that we love Him freely and willingly.
Those who will be condemned have chosen to refuse His gift and provision. Those who are saved have chosen to accept His gift and provision,
and to serve Jesus instead of Satan.
So, Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus, for your Word says, "...whoever comes to me I will never drive away
(John 6:37). So I know you won't cast me out, but take me in, and I thank you for it. You also said in your Word, whosoever
shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Rom. 10:13). I am calling on your name, so I know you have saved me now.
I do confess with my mouth, aloud, that "Jesus is Lord." I believe in my heart Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe he was
raised from the dead so I can have life with God. And I confess Him now as MY Lord. Because your Word says, "For it is with your
heart that you believe and are justified..." (Rom. 10:10) "...in him we might become the righteousness of God" (2 Cor. 5:21)...and
I am saved. THANK YOU, LORD, for loving me and making me your child.
What are we to do with our new "position in Christ," and how do we spend our inheritance?
1. Do good works. (Ephesians 2:10)
2. Love one another and obey God's commandments. (1 John 4:19-21) (1 John 5:1-3)
3. Build yourself up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit (tongues). (Jude 20)
4. Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. ( Col. 4:2)
5. Live in peace, sing songs of praise, read and do God's word. ( Col. 3:12-25)
6. Help people in need. (Isaiah 58)
7. Remember to keep holy the 7 th day Sabbath and be blessed of God. (Isaiah 58:13-14)
8. Witness to others. (Acts 1:8) (Matt. 10:28-42)
9. Avoid temptation and obey God's word. (Matt. 26:41)
10. Our Lord will more than repay any sacrifice for him. (Mark 10:28-31)
11. Support the work of the ministry, and God will abundantly bless. (Malachi 3:8-12)